Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 10

Sunday was a great day. We were all able to catch up on some much needed rest. Somehow, it didn't seem long enough! We had hamburger and hot dogs for lunch! Good old' American meal! That felt good to have. Later that night we Had some bonding time. Games, fresh cookies and ice cream! We had a good laugh!

Monday started early. We taught English lessons in the morning. We headed to the missionaries house to set up decorations for a party to celebrate 'Dia de estudiante' (students day). As we all came back to eat lunch and shower up, we discovered we were out of water! We got back and all crawled in bed, then... The power went out! That meant no fans! It was so hot! It's hard to sleep while sweating. The power came back on in the middle of the night. But the water didn't come back until today.
Why am I telling you this? We have all gained a better understanding of taking things for granted. This we have discussed that we pray we never take it for granted again:
- running water to brush our teeth
- air conditioning
- ice
- cold water

I think it has given us a new respect for this culture. Life isn't easy here.

Today we taught english lessons as a whole and played with the kids for 15 min of the class.
We offered the missionaries, Ben and Katie, a date. We have their kids and are feeding them lunch while they are out together. They don't get that very often so we are all more than willing to keep the 4 kids for a few hours.
After lunch we are headed to a neighborhood to just drop a ball and play with kids. We are greatly looking forward to that!

Prayers:
- please pray for our health. Some of us are struggling a little with the food and dehydration.
- pray for open hearts of the kids we have reached and those we will reach today
- pray for a rejuvenation of the missionary family here, the Johnsons, whether they need it or not!

Gracias! Buenos trades!

Pictures:
- Carpet ball game from the party we had.
- Group fun while out I dinner
- Some girls we have played with that were awesome people

2 comments:

  1. Read Luke 11:9-13! Our great, perfect Father in Heaven loves to answer the prayers of His children! We cry out to our Abba Father and ask for health among the Mexico group as well as relief from the heat. Bless them, Lord, with your protection from the enemy's attempts to steal their joy. Fit them with Your angels on all sides of them; ready to fight! Allow them to advance Your Kingdom through the power of Your Holy Spirit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get what you mean about not taking things for granted. There are a number of things that are difficult, if not impossible, for me to do on my own or at all. Things like cooking for myself, my own laundry, doing my own hair, walking without help, being able to go out when I want to, getting my own food in the Rot, (I've gotten better with that one though, and thanks to all of you who pushed me and encouraged me to try!) basic things that seem so simple, yet for me, I have to ask for help. I'm not trying to get on my soapbox or anything, I'm just trying to give examples. Miss you guys! I pray the rest of the trip goes well!

    Bear

    ReplyDelete